This vegan angel hair pasta primavera recipe is full of beautiful spring vegetables and herbs. A light, healthy, oil-free pasta dish that's delicious all spring and summer.
To make this vegan, oil-free pasta primavera dish, you'll need the following ingredients
- angel hair pasta (regular or whole wheat)
- zucchini and/or yellow summer squash
- frozen green peas
- a can of diced or stewed tomatoes
- fresh basil
- fresh italian parsley
Feel free to switch out the vegetables for your favorites! You can customize this plant-based pasta dish with whatever you have on hand.
Pasta primavera is very easy to make! First, prepare your pasta. Then, while it's cooking, chop your spring vegetables into small pieces. Saute onion, garlic and whatever spring vegetables you like (asparagus, spinach, zucchini, peas) with some diced tomatoes. Season with fresh basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix pasta with vegetables. For full recipe, scroll down to my recipe card.
Pasta primavera is a light pasta dish typically prepared with spring vegetables, olive oil and tomato.
🗺 Around the world
Pasta primavera means "Spring Pasta" in Italian.
I don't claim this recipe is authentic, after all it has no olive oil at all, among other things. I am not Italian. This is my whole foods plant based oil-free take on a classic dish that I have loved for years.
💜 More recipes you'll love
If you love this vegan pasta primavera recipe, check out these other Italian-inspired recipes!
Love this recipe? Subscribe here so you don't miss any new recipes!
Please rate it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ down below. ⬇️ And, if you make it, please tag me @veryveganish on Instagram in your posted photos! I would love to see your creations. 😄
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta (regular or whole wheat)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, sliced lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 8 ounces quartered artichoke hearts packed in water
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces (about half a bunch)
- 4 cups of baby spinach (about 4 cups)
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- ¼ cup fresh italian parsley, minced
- 15 ounce can of diced or stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring salted water to boil in a large stockpot for the pasta and cook according to directions on box.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions in a large saucepan or dutch oven on medium heat for 5 minutes. If they begin to stick, add a tablespoon or two of water.
- Add garlic and squash and cook for a 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas, artichoke and asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach in batches, stir until it wilts down. Continue adding spinach.
- Add tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, as needed.
- Add a portion of pasta to a bowl, then pour a portion of veggies over cooked pasta. Stir and enjoy!
Feel free to switch the vegetables around and use veggies you like best!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 12gSugar: 16gProtein: 15g
Nutritional calculations are done using online tools, such as recipe widget Create. Even though we have tried to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates.