This sweet soy ginger dressing is delicious as a poke bowl sauce, as a dipping sauce for veggie sushi, as an oil-free dressing on salads, noodles or rice bowls. Soy sauce (soy-free options given, too), rice vinegar and sweetener combine with ginger, wasabi and toasted sesame seeds to make this flavorful dressing.
🧄 Ingredient notes
To make the Sweet Sesame Ginger Soy Dressing, you'll need:
- rice vinegar
- soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free, coconut aminos for soy-free)
- maple syrup (or granulated sugar, agave nectar or honey)
- toasted sesame seeds
- ground ginger (or fresh, crushed ginger)
- wasabi powder or wasabi paste (optional)
- Simply Asia sweet garlic ginger seasoning from Costco (optional)
- toasted sesame oil (optional, omit for oil-free)
Please see recipe card at the bottom of this post for measurements and detailed instructions.
- Make it spicy options!
- Double or triple the wasabi powder or wasabi paste in the recipe
- Add 1-3 teaspoons of sriracha
- Add 1-3 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce
- Add ½ teaspoon of nanami togarashi seasoning
- Make it creamy ginger soy sesame dressing
- Whisk in 2 tablespoons of tahini or cashew cream
- Orange ginger dressing
- Substitute half of the sweetener and half of the vinegar for fresh orange juice
- Use a flavored vinegar
- Use a flavored vinegar instead of plain rice vinegar, to alter the taste
- Lime ginger dressing
- Substitute the vinegar for fresh lime juice
👨👩👦👦 Serving suggestions
This sweet soy ginger dressing is delicious as a:
- vegan poke bowl sauce
- sushi dipping sauce
- marinade for tofu or vegan watermelon "spicy tuna" (add 1-3 teaspoons sriracha to use it for this type of marinade)
- oil-free salad dressing
- oil-free cold noodle salad dressing
- sweet and tangy stir-fry noodle sauce
- asian-inspired sauce for rice bowls
💜 More recipes you'll love
If you love this sweet soy ginger dressing recipe, check out these other plant-based oil-free dressings, sauces and condiment recipes!
Sweet Soy Ginger Dressing (oil-free, vegan)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar unseasoned, unflavored, plain
- ¼ cup maple syrup or sugar, agave nectar or honey (honey is not vegan)
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free, coconut aminos for soy free
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon dried ground ginger or 1 teaspoon fresh crushed ginger
- ¼ teaspoon wasabi powder/paste more, if you like it spicy
- 1 tablespoon Simply Asia sweet garlic ginger seasoning optional
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil optional, omit for oil-free
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or bowl and stir well with fork or whisk. If using sugar instead of maple syrup or honey, combine it with the soy sauce and vinegar, then heat it up for 30-60 seconds in the microwave to dissolve the sugar. Then, add the remaining ingredients.
- Store in refrigerator for 1-2 weeks (if using fresh ginger). Store in refrigerator for 1-2 months (if using dry ground ginger).