Just 4 ingredients, this tangy oil-free salad dressing transforms your greens or pasta salad from dull to delicious. Shake everything up in a mason jar and you're done in under 4 minutes!
For this oil-free salad dressing, you'll need:
- red wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
- whole grain mustard
- honey or other liquid sweetener (maple syrup, brown rice syrup or agave)
- sea salt and black pepper
The easiest way to mix this dressing up is to use a mason jar. Pick a mason jar that will hold at least 12 ounces. A pint or quart mason jar will both work.
Looking for mason jars? I use them for everything! You can usually find them in the grocery store or Walmart. But, they also sell them on Amazon.
Add all the ingredients to the mason jar, screw on the lid tightly and then shake it up!
If you don't have a mason jar, you can add all the ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk them together.
How long will this oil-free salad dressing last?
- This dressing will last 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator in a sealed container. The glass mason jar you used to mix it up is the perfect container to store it. Just put a lid on it and put it in the refrigerator with your other salad dressings.
Should I use honey or maple syrup?
- Honey will make the dressing thicker, but is not vegan. If you don't eat honey, then I would recommend using maple syrup, brown rice syrup or agave nectar to sweeten this dressing
Is honey vegan?
- No. Honey is not considered vegan because it is an animal product. To make this dressing vegan, use maple syrup, brown rice syrup or agave to sweeten it.
Is honey plant-based?
👨👩👦👦 Serving suggestions
Use this tangy oil-free salad dressing to liven up green salads, kale, pasta salads like this orzo pasta salad you see below, quinoa or other grain salads.
You can also use it to flavor ingredients you put into wraps.
Love this recipe? Subscribe here so you don't miss any new recipes!
Please rate it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ down below. ⬇️ And, if you make it, please tag me @veryveganish on Instagram in your posted photos! I would love to see your creations. 😄
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large, quart-size mason jar.
- Close lid tightly and shake vigorously to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
Honey will make a thicker dressing than maple syrup.
To make vegan: use maple syrup, brown rice syrup or agave as the sweetener. Do not use honey.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 465mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Nutritional calculations are done using online tools, such as recipe widget Create. Even though we have tried to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates.