- 1 medium-large sweet onion, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, 15 oz.
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- Saute onions over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add some of the liquid only from the tomatoes to the pan, to prevent sticking.
- Add spinach to pan by the handful, stirring after each handful, until all the spinach has been added. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rest of tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve as a side or over brown rice.