In just 5 minutes, make this vegan black bean dip with a can of black beans, spices and seasonings. It's full of flavor and perfect with chips or as a veggie dip. Options to make this dairy-free, vegetarian black bean dip spicy are included!
🧄 Ingredient notes
To make this vegan black bean dip, you'll need these ingredients:
- canned black beans (or you can use homemade black beans)
- ground cumin
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- sea salt
- black pepper
- fresh cilantro
- red wine vinegar
- hot sauce (if you want to make spicy black bean dip) - my recommendation: Cholula or Chipotle Tabasco
Looking for the measurements? Please scroll down to the recipe card at the end of this post for the ingredient quantities.
Step 1: Add drained and rinsed black beans to mini food processor.
Step 2: Add spices (ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper).
Step 3: Add fresh cilantro, water and red wine vinegar.
Step 4: Process until smooth, then transfer to serving bowl.
Looking for the temps and times? Please scroll down to the recipe card at the end of this post for all the step by step details on ingredients and instructions. There's also a print recipe button down there!
👨👩👦👦 Serving suggestions
Serve this quick and easy spicy black bean taco dip with:
- tortilla chips (for a lighter version, try making your own homemade fat free tortilla chips or breaking up baked tostadas as chips)
- cut raw veggies like:
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
- cauliflower florets
- cherry tomatoes
- broccoli florets
- cucumber slices
Store prepared black bean dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. It will last up to 5 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Leftover black bean dip can be thinned out with a little water and heated to make homemade refried beans, which can be eaten with tacos, tostadas or nachos.
Some black bean dips are made with cheese, milk or animal fat. So, check the ingredients first.
💜 More recipes you'll love
If you love this recipe, check out these other plant-based, vegan chips and dip recipes!
5-Minute Vegan Black Bean Dip
- 15 ounces can black beans drained and rinsed (or 1 ½ cups of homemade black beans)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon cholula hot sauce optional, omit if you don't want it spicy
- Add all ingredients to food processor.
- Blend/process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides a few times. Serve at room temperature or cold with chips or raw veggies.
- Black beans: sub with pinto beans or other creamy, tender bean
- Garlic powder: sub with 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- Cilantro: sub with parsley
- Red wine vinegar: sub with white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, lime juice or lemon juice
- Cholula hot sauce: sub with your favorite hot sauce or omit completely for non-spicy bean dip.