Ready in under 5 minutes, you'll love this sweet and tangy oil-free, vegan salad dressing. Toss it with a green salad or drizzle it over fruit, like watermelon or strawberries. It's also delicious as a dressing for burrito bowls!
To make this maple lime balsamic oil-free dressing, you'll need the following ingredients:
If you have them, I recommend using fresh lime juice. But, you can also use storebought lime juice in a container, too. You can substitute lemon juice for the lime juice.
👨👩👦👦 Serving suggestions
This oil-free salad dressing is surprisingly versatile. My favorite ways of using it are:
- to dress spring mix or any green salad
- drizzle over watermelon or strawberries (either the fruit alone, or in a salad that has fruit added to it). Check out this watermelon cucumber salad, with this dressing.
- as a dressing for homemade burrito bowls
- as a marinade for bell peppers, onions & mushrooms for veggie fajitas. Marinate them for 30-60 minutes, then saute or grill.
This oil-free dressing will keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
💜 More recipes you'll love
Love this recipe? Subscribe here so you don't miss any new recipes!
Please rate it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ down below. ⬇️ And, if you make it, please tag me @veryveganish on Instagram in your posted photos! I would love to see your creations. 😄
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a small mason jar. Screw the lid on tightly and then shake to combine. Or, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine and dissolve the salt.
- Serve over your favorite salad, fruit or burrito bowl. To use as a marinade, add to vegetables and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes. Then, saute or grill as usual.
This dressing is especially good on watermelon and strawberries!
- Maple syrup can be substituted with agave, honey or brown rice syrup
- Lime juice can be substituted with lemon juice or other citrus juice, preferably tart juice.
- Balsamic vinegar can be substituted for white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar or rice vinegar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g
Nutritional calculations are done using online tools, such as recipe widget Create. Even though we have tried to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates.