You made a beautiful fruit salad with gorgeous fresh fruit, but you have some leftover. What can you do with it the next day? Also, see below for my top fruit salad combinations!
Top fruit salad combinations
- Tropical: banana, pineapple, mango, orange, kiwifruit, squeeze of lime juice
- Berry: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- Watermelon Lime: watermelon, cinnamon, lime juice, maple syrup
- Melon: watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon
- Everyday: apple, banana, orange, grapes, squeeze of lemon juice
- Strawberry Kiwi: strawberries, kiwifruit, bananas
- Berry Banana: strawberries, blueberries, bananas, squeeze of lemon juice
- Stonefruit: peaches, plums, nectarines, drizzled with maple syrup and cinnamon
You know the feeling. You made a beautiful fresh fruit salad. It had loads of perfectly ripe bananas, apples, green and red grapes, strawberries and oranges.
The green grapes were especially good that day.
Well, the party came and went and you still had a quart of fruit salad left.
The next day you take a look at it and it's still perfectly edible, sweet fruit that you don't want to touch. Lol.
But, you just can't throw it away.
Smoothies to the rescue
Toss that sweet fruit in your blender (we use a Blendtec) and make your morning smoothie!
Add to it a splash of almond milk or leftover lemonade or limemade (also leftover perhaps), some ice and some nutritional powerhouses like ground flaxseed, hemp hearts or some nut butter for a protein boost.
Breakfast: ✔ check!
Fruit salad gone: ✔ check!
Ready to conquer the day: ✔ check!
What else can you use leftover fruit for?
- Fruit Compote: For fruit that heats well, cook in a small saucepan to make hot fruit compote for topping oatmeal, pancakes or waffles. This works especially well with berries, stonefruit like peaches, and apples.
- Grilled Fruit Skewers: If your fruit is in large pieces, add to skewers and grill. This works especially well for pineapple and peaches!
💜 More recipes you'll love
Love this recipe? Subscribe here so you don't miss any new recipes!
Please rate it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ down below. ⬇️ And, if you make it, please tag me @veryveganish on Instagram in your posted photos! I would love to see your creations. 😄
- 32 ounces leftover fruit salad
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup plant-based milk or juice
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, hemp hearts or nut butter (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add more plant-based milk or juice, if needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 609Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 93gFiber: 12gSugar: 61gProtein: 15g
Nutritional calculations are done using online tools, such as recipe widget Create. Even though we have tried to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates.